Oh boy, oh boy! I love these things…30 interesting facts about myself! Let me share with you!
- I am a practicing Buddhist. Who knew that was actually a thing in America? I didn’t until a few months ago, and here I am practicing the Great Way.
- I have no (human) children and I had sterilization surgery back in December. I know kids aren’t for me, and I’m perfectly happy being a cat mom (and some day I hope to be a dog mom as well!) I thought it best to be proactive about the situation than wait until it’s too late.
- I’ve been to 3 different colleges over the course of 8 years, and all I got was an associate’s degree and a certificate! lol 🙂
- I bought my first brand new car when I was 19 and have since paid it off.
- Although I hate needles, I started donating blood last year and have become a regular donor for the Red Cross.
- I shaved my head for St. Baldrick’s childhood cancer charity last year (it was down almost to my hips, all gone!)
- I’ve recently learned how to blow glass!
- I was a choir singer for 13 years.
- I started a physical bucket list and my goal is to fill up an entire notebook…and do as much of it as possible. Maybe some day I’ll post some of the things here
- My great great uncle was an important figure in WWII. He has a bridge named after him and a historical marker!
- I’ve had a passport for about 7 years and still haven’t made it anywhere but Canada!
- I have a compost pile started on my apartment balcony.
- I’ve been working out consistently now for almost 3 months!
- After years of getting away from my creative mind, I’ve recently started cultivating it again, with writing, painting, glass work, coloring, and embroidery.
- I am in the process of gathering information to facilitate a long distance move soon.
- I graduated high school with a 3.987 GPA.
- I was bribed not to play basketball in 7th grade…my “prize” was my first dog, a Collie named Betty (she passed away in 2010 and I now have a massive tattoo of her on my leg).
- Back in elementary school, due to a hip problem, I wasn’t even able to finish a 3/4 mile run in 15 minutes. In 8th grade my coach convinced me to join the cross country team. I finished the season with a personal best 9:21 mile.
- I am an only child, which I have always thought sucked. Luckily I had lots of cousins and we were close as kids. That helped a lot.
- One of the coolest (and most physically challenging) things I’ve done is hike the 4T trail in Portland, OR.
- I met my best friend at our senior prom. Our boyfriends at the time knew each other, and we met while they were catching up. Neither of us are with those guys anymore, but once again we find ourselves dating a pair of friends.
- I’ve gotten into disc golf lately. I’m not any good, but it’s still fun to play!
- I wrote a bunch of letters to companies that make products I like just because I felt like doing something nice. I wrote a blog post about it and my experiences with it too!
- Last year I did a project where I volunteered at least once each month at different places. While I don’t have as much variety anymore, I still try to keep my volunteer hours up!
- I have a bit of an obsession with office supplies and organizational items.
- I love to drive, and I almost never turn down a road trip.
- I still hand-write my directions from Mapquest when I’m travelling somewhere new. I prefer that method to the use of a GPS, unless it is absolutely necessary.
- I regularly order stacks of books from the library. Mostly non-fiction.
- I spent 6 months working 2 jobs at 80+ hours per week just so I could pay my car off 7 months early.
- I voted third party (Libertarian) in the last election. Really wish more people would have done the same…
And now you know a little more about me! Yay!